Explore the New Manufacturing
Increasing the Skilled Manufacturing Workforce
There are numerous programs that manufacturers can engage with students to offer a real experience in the world of manufacturing.
- Additional Workforce Programs – Learn more about additional programs for manufacturers that support the skilled manufacturing workforce.
- Manufacturing Day – national movement where manufacturers provide tours to young people in early October each year.
- Manufacturing Innovation Challenge – provide a real-world research project for classes of middle and high school students, who will tackle the work in the classroom to develop a solution, and then present their results.
- Manufacturing Internship with Innovation Works – assist your manufacturing company by finding qualified summer internship candidates to supplement your existing workforce and build a pipeline of talent to fulfill future hiring needs.
- Project-Based Learning Training – educate teachers about the best ways to facilitate project-based learning activities.
- What’s So Cool About Manufacturing Video Contest – addressing the need of skilled workers by having local middle-school students develop an awareness program for the manufacturing community, creating an accurate image of manufacturing to their peers, parents, and teachers.
Catalyst Connection developed the Explore the New Manufacturing program with funding from supporters including the Benedum Foundation and Chevron.