Explore the New Manufacturing
Increasing the Skilled Manufacturing Workforce
There are numerous programs that manufacturers can engage with students to offer a real experience in the world of manufacturing.
- Additional Workforce Programs – Learn more about additional programs for manufacturers that support the skilled manufacturing workforce.
- Pre-Apprenticeship Program – The Industrial Manufacturing Technician Pre-Apprenticeship helps high school students begin a pathway to a career in manufacturing.
- Manufacturing Day – national movement where manufacturers provide tours to young people in early October each year.
- Manufacturing Innovation Challenge – provide a real-world research project for classes of middle and high school students, who will tackle the work in the classroom to develop a solution, and then present their results.
- What’s So Cool About Manufacturing Video Contest – addressing the need of skilled workers by having local middle-school students develop an awareness program for the manufacturing community, creating an accurate image of manufacturing to their peers, parents, and teachers.
For more information and the latest news, be sure to check out the Explore the New Manufacturing website!