This Could be YOU
There’s no better time to be a leader in a growing industry full of diverse career opportunities, and innovative technology. Build your network, give back, and build the Pittsburgh Manufacturing Scene.
Who are Navigators?
Navigators are manufacturing industry ambassadors dedicated to increasing industry awareness and readiness for students. Navigators use their personal, educational, and professional experience to tell the story of careers in manufacturing, explain the journey to becoming a successful manufacturing professional, and offer increased visibility inside a manufacturers daily life.
Be the Guide You Needed When You Were Younger
Students have more options than ever, and making a career decision often causes anxiety. As a Manufacturing Navigator, you’ll help students understand what a manufacturing career means in the twenty-first century, and how they can contribute to the growth of the digital age and Industry 4.0. Through personal experience, you’ll share your unique perspective as a young and successful manufacturer, helping to shape young minds and attract youth to manufacturing.
- Get your company name out in the community
- Inspire young people and job seekers to pursue a manufacturing career pathway (and maybe at your company!)
- Reward and develop young talent for retention and future career growth within your organization
- Free training for those selected to the Navigator program
How to Become a Navigator
Navigators must meet certain criteria and commit their time in order to apply for the position.
Requirements and commitments include:
- Navigator agrees to commit one year to the program
- Navigator is available to present at four events in the year
- Navigator attends two trainings a year
- Navigator grants the program permission to use video, photo, and commentary for program promotional purposes
- Navigator is under the age of 35
- Navigator submits an application
- Navigator is currently employed in the manufacturing industry
- Navigator expresses interest and ability to share career and educational experience
For more information on how to get involved in our Manufacturing Navigators Program, or for assistance with nominating one of your colleagues, contact Hannah Kusenko at email@example.com.
LEARN MORE: Read the bio’s of our current Manufacturing Navigators:
- Genna Mucci, Operations Coordinator, Tudi Mechanical Systems
- Jonathan Donath, MSA, The Safety Company
- She’Cholle Winman, Lab Assistant, RE2, Inc.
- Ryan Kozikowski, Coil Winder, BRUSH Americas Services
- Kendra Slis, Inside Sales Engineer, MECCO
- Zac McConnell, Systems Tester, Prominent Fluid Controls
- Amber Nolf, Corporate Development Specialist, SMS Group
- Jacob Curley, Assembly Technician, MECCO