- Determine which processes need to potentially change: Human Centric, Document Centric or Integration Centric
- Map out the process to understand “as-is” state.
- Model and test the ideal design of the process to determine how to improve a process.
- Implement improvements and establish how to sustain.
Benefits of Business Process Optimization:
- Improves Quality: By producing high-quality results, you reduce the chances of having to invest in additional fixes or corrective measures.
- Streamlines Operations: Allows all parties to work in a collective manner by ensuring that the team can move through an entire operation with limited disruptions.
- Creates Consistency: Reduce the need to repeat steps or actions unnecessarily.
- Reduces Risks: Reducing risks allows the team to better identify new potential risks before they become detrimental to your workflow.
- Increases Productivity: Reduce the number of inefficient processes to increase the productivity of your workflow.
- Minimizes Future Mistakes: Mistakes become less frequent when a process in a workflow is optimized.
BPO is accommodating to most processes and procedures and be achieved through various forms. Below is a short list of just a few organizational components that BPO impacts:
- Process Improvement/Lean
- Re-structuring and or Re-engineering
- Technology & Automation Adoption / Complete Process Change
- Product and Process Design