Building and Sustaining Trust
What does building and sustaining trust have to do with business success? Everything. Building trust is directly linked to employee engagement, retention, productivity, and innovation. Leaders who demonstrate trust and trustworthiness inspire higher eels of performance and commitment to team and organizational success.
This course introduces Trust Builders, actions leaders can take to build and sustain trusting relationships, as well as common Trust Breakers that can erode or quickly break trust. Applying these skills to build trusting relationships enables people to take risks, identify and solve problems, and collaborate to achieve business results. Prerequisite: Communicating for Leadership Success.
Participants of Building and Sustaining Trust will learn how to:
- Recognize how trust in the workplace affects business results.
- Analyze their role in building and sustaining trust.
- Identify common workplace behaviors that can build, sustain, or break trust.
- Demonstrate behaviors that show they trust others, as well as give people the confidence to trust them.
- Use interaction skills to foster open communication, build and maintain trusting relationships, and repair damaged ones.
Each web-based course is self-paced, and takes approximately 2 hours to complete.
To learn more about this virtual course, contact Cindy Connelly, Manager of Events