What’s So Cool About Manufacturing Video Contest
Catalyst Connection created the Explore the New Manufacturing Program to help build a strong pipeline of talent and give young people a new perspective on the exciting career opportunities that exist now. The What’s So Cool About Manufacturing Video Contest supports this effort by having students create a manufacturing video for their peers, parents and teachers.
- Create regional awareness of careers in manufacturing
- Provide teacher professional development
- Share peer-to-peer videos online to promote manufacturing and possible career opportunities through the perspective of the up and coming generation
- Address the need for a skilled workforce within the manufacturing industry
- Show students the interconnectedness between the arts and manufacturing
- Engage local manufacturing companies with education
|Butler Area Team 2||JSP International|
|New Brighton||O’Neal Manufacturing|
|Sto-Rox||Jatco Machine & Tool|
|Greater Johnstown||ASSAY Abloy|
|Indiana Area||Miller Fabrication|
Previous Contest Videos
You can view videos from the previous contests by clicking here.
The first manufacturing video contest originated in the Lehigh Valley with our sister organization, MRC in 2013. The program was replicated in Southwestern Pennsylvania in 2015 beginning with 8 companies and schools and has since grown to 40 participants for 2017. The program has expanded to include 12 regional competitions across the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. To learn more about the state wide program go to: https://www.whatssocool.org/contests/about-the-contests/
Various levels of sponsorships are available. Please refer to the form along the right-hand column or contact Scott Dietz, Manager of Workforce Initiatives, at 412-918-4227.