- ** This event has passed and is not currently scheduled. If you would like more information on scheduling or attending this course, please contact email@example.com **
Setup Reduction Training
March 26 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm EDT
Setup reduction enables you to build on the principles of the single-minute exchange of dies (SMED) system to dramatically reduce or eliminate changeover time. SMED can help your company design no- or low-cost changeover solutions that allow it to meet customer demands for high-quality, low-cost products, delivered quickly and without the expense of excess inventory.
You will learn the principles of setup reduction and SMED, and then have the opportunity to apply the changeover improvement process in a lifelike simulation exercise. By the end of the day, you will have reduced cost and setup times, and watched machine capacity increase significantly.
You will learn to:
- Increase line and machine capacity levels
- Improve changeover accuracy
- Reduce startup defects
- Respond to customer needs and schedules with more flexibility
- Improve on-time delivery
- Decrease costs due to excess inventor
Who Should Attend
Engineering and maintenance personnel, shop floor supervisors, setup personnel, and operators.