- This event has passed.
Project Management for Manufacturing Overview Training
December 12, 2018 @ 8:30 am - December 13, 2018 @ 4:30 pm EST
This training is now closed. If you would like to be notified the next time this training is scheduled, please contact Ali at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This 2-day course provides an extensive introduction to the fundamentals of modern project management by following a manufacturing case study from project initiation to completion. The case study provides attendees the opportunity to practice using key project management best practices including a project charter, stakeholder analysis, work breakdown structure, schedule, risk management plan and communications plan. Attendees will also deal with project changes and risk events for the case study.
Upon completion of this 2-Day Project Management Overview training, you will be able to:
- Understand the philosophy of modern project management
- Prepare a Project Charter
- Conduct a stakeholder analysis
- Create a work breakdown structure for a project
- Develop a project schedule using the critical path method
- Apply basic risk management on a project
- Prepare a communications plan for a project
- Manage project changes and risk events
- Integrate the basic functions of project management throughout a project life cycle
Project Management Fundamentals
- Key Project Management Definitions
- Role of the Project Manager
- Knowledge Areas and Process Groups
- Project Lifecycle Models
- Project Processes
- Organizational Influences on Project Management
- Project Maturity Models
This course addresses the following knowledge areas of the Project Management Institute’s A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®): Project Integration Management, Project Scope Management, Project Time Management, Project Risk Management, Project Communications Management and Project Cost Management.