- This event has passed.
Project Based Learning Teacher Training
June 26, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm EDT
Catalyst Connection, in collaboration with ASSET STEM Education, is offering a two-day workshop on project-based learning to Washington County and surrounding area teachers to develop the ability to design and facilitate effective project-based learning for their students. To do this, teachers will examine project-based learning from the perspectives of both education and industry while collaborating with other teachers on implementing strategies.
- Enhance skills and develop knowledge related to project-based learning
- Learn new skills used in industry to better manage projects in the classroom including Lean manufacturing and Project Management Institute best practices
- Better prepare students for careers in manufacturing and other STEM related fields
- Connection of industry projects to state and national standards
- Greater “buy-in” on industry connected STEM programs from administration
- Free book: Project-Based Learning: Differentiating Instruction for the 21st Century, by William N. Bender
- Tour of a local manufacturing company
- Act 48 Hours will be made available
- Lunch provided at no charge on both workshop days
- Value of training totals more than $500 per teacher
Course is ideally suited for those with previous experience with industry/career related projects (ie Adventures in Technology, BotsIQ, FIRST, Fluid Power Challenge) but is not a requirement
Limited availability of 16 teachers
Training is for teachers of grades 7-12
Teachers are encouraged to attend with a peer either in a related subject area or from a lower grade level to facilitate on-going conversations and implementation strategies within the school.
Funded in part by Chevron and the Benedum Foundation