Principles of Lean Manufacturing – Washington, PA
August 13 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm EDT
The Lean Manufacturing Training continues to be a key component for companies seeking a culture of continuous improvement. This introductory course provides participants with the foundational knowledge of Lean Manufacturing tools and concepts. The Lean Manufacturing Training combines both a classroom setting with hands-on simulation, which gives the participants the opportunity to see the benefits of the lean concepts.
The simulation portion of the training will begin by “manufacturing” products in a simulated factory. The results of the first simulation round will provide the basis for continuous improvement as you apply lean manufacturing principles in subsequent rounds. Participants will learn about one-piece flow, cellular production, takt time, pull and kanbans, POUS, quick changeover, quality at the source, batch reduction, teams, standardized work, workplace organization, and visual controls. Each concept will build their ability to identify and eliminate manufacturing waste. Lean is all about getting the most out of the resources you already have.
Our approach is an interactive, enjoyable, team experience that makes the prospect of change less threatening. It also has the following benefits to the company:
- Expands the basic understanding of lean manufacturing techniques among the workforce
- Dramatically reduces the acceptance period associated with implementation as participants see for themselves the benefits of applying the techniques
- Increases knowledge and understanding, through firsthand experience, which will lead to more effective implementation
Lean Manufacturing training participants will:
- Learn how to identify the eight wastes
- Understand how various lean tools help to eliminate waste
- Have an understanding of lean terminology
- Understand the importance of eliminating waste