- This event has passed.
Lean Product Development Tools
In today’s fast-paced world, innovation is a critical component of a company’s long term growth and success. Unfortunately, many manufacturers find the product development process to be one of their most ineffective and inefficient activities.
The objective of this one-day workshop is to help manufacturers remove waste from their new product development programs and product designs. Valuable tools and processes will be discussed that will help you achieve optimal profitability and minimize development time, such as:
- Twenty Cost Lever Trade-off Tool – a design evaluation tool that helps your team understand cost impact of design options
- Quick Look Value Engineering – a product design process to systematically identify and prioritize required functions and generate lower cost design alternatives that meet customer requirements
- Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DFMA) – DFMA will help your team understand the fundamental cost drivers; it incorporates a practical toolset to help reduce costs
Participants will be able to:
- Identify and reduce waste in the product development process
- Identify opportunities for reduction in manufacturing cost and material waste
- Calculate the cost of poor quality so that informed decisions can be made about investing in enhanced process capabilities
- Effectively manage development projects to shorten development time and reduce costs
Who Should Attend
Product development managers, product line managers, development teams, design engineers and anyone involved in new product development activities