Essential Leadership Skills Powered by DDI and DiSC- Pittsburgh, PA
January 16, 2020 @ 8:30 am - February 6, 2020 @ 12:00 pm EST
Frontline managers are the linchpins that connect strategy to execution, and they do this by directly supervising 80% of the workforce. These leaders are the defining factor between success and failure, and they need help. Did you know:
- One in three employees said they don’t consider their boss to be effective
- One in two employees have left a job to get away from their manager
These statistics aren’t surprising considering that 60% of frontline leaders have never received training for the role. There are no short cuts to building better leaders, but there is a way for leaders to develop into the skilled and effective boss that employees respect and want to work for.
Catalyst Connection in partnership with DDI’s Interaction Management® (IM) is offering a learning series that develops the critical interpersonal and leadership skills that managers at the frontline need to be effective. A study across 40+ years of research proves that IM has a positive impact on leaders, employees, and the business. The research shows that:
- 81% of direct reports whose leader attended IM® reported increased engagement.
- 8.5 of out 10 clients report that DDI solutions lead to measurable change and sustainable outcomes year after year.
- 77% of organizations report decreased turnover.
Your Leadership Journey – January 16, 2020
- Reduce the stress associated with the shift to leading others.
- Act with authenticity to build trust.
- Bring out the best in others to enhance engagement and capacity.
- Look for and accept feedback with grace.
Communicating for Leadership Success – January 23, 2020
- Achieve results through others by building strong interpersonal relationships.
- Plan for successful interactions with team members─in person and virtually.
- Provide meaningful, supportive feedback that motivates team members and helps individuals improve their performance.
- Impact business outcomes by consistently meeting the personal and practical needs of others.
Coaching for Peak Performance – January 30, 2020
- Encourage people to take ownership of, and be accountable for, their work performance.
- Create a work environment where people are comfortable taking on the risks associated with new responsibilities.
- Boost morale, improve productivity, and increase profitability by coaching for peak performance in each person.
- Manage work performance issues in a fair, consistent manner.
Delegating with Purpose – February 6, 2020
- Achieve key business results by leveraging the entire team’s abilities.
- Build the team’s capabilities and capacity through developmental delegations.
- Free up time to focus on mission-critical responsibilities.
- Delegate with increased confidence.
Everything DiSC® – personal work styles assessment included in registration fee.
- DiSC is a personal development learning experience that measures an individual’s preferences and tendencies based on the DiSC® model. This simple yet powerful model describes four basic styles: D, i, S, and C, and serves as the foundation for the Everything DiSC Application Suite. Participants receive personalized insights that deepen their understanding of self and others, making workplace interactions more enjoyable and effective. The result is a more engaged and collaborative workforce that can spark meaningful culture improvement in your organization.
Learn how the WEDnet Grant could help qualified businesses pay for this training.Learn About WEDnet
This course includes five sessions which will meet on the following Wednesday’s:
- January 16 – Your Leadership Journey
- January 23 – Communicating for Leadership Success
- January 30 – Coaching for Peak Performance
- February 6 – Delegating with Purpose