- This event has passed.
ISO 9001:2015 Internal Auditing Virtual Training
September 2, 2020 @ 8:00 am - September 10, 2020 @ 12:00 pm EDT
Driving QMS Improvement with Effective Internal Audits
This course was developed considering the ISO 19011 standard and is designed to introduce the student to the ISO 9001:2015 quality management system standard and prepare them to conduct effective internal audits.
Interpretation of the QMS requirements and recognition of appropriate objective evidence to verify system implementation and effectiveness are addressed. The “human factor” and ethics of auditing along with effective auditing techniques are presented along with case studies and other exercises to reinforce the concepts presented. The training will be a virtual training.
Quality Managers and audit program managers, current / future ISO internal auditors, members of ISO 9001 implementation teams, anyone who needs to learn about quality management system auditing
This virtual class will run 4 hours from 8:00 a.m. – Noon for 4 days. September 2nd & 3rd and 9th and 10th.
Class participants will be provided a handout of presentation materials
Certification of Attendance will be provided upon completion
The major topics will include:
- Overview of the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Standard
- Presentation, explanation, and discussion of:
- ISO 9001 internal auditing requirements
- Auditing – terms and definitions
- Audit objectives, trademarks, and philosophy
- Audit types
- Planning scheduling, personnel requirements and records
- Responsibilities of audit team members and auditee
- Primary audit phases of planning, conduct, and closure
- Audit methods, ethics, time utilization and effectiveness
- Questioning techniques
- Process auditing methods with introduction to tools such as Turtle, Spider and SIPOC diagrams; checklists; flow diagrams; and Process Activity Diagrams
- Classification of audit findings
- Report generation
- Audit follow-up and closure
- Small group exercise to review and discuss two (2) case studies
- Small group review and analysis of possible audit situations
- Small group analysis of non-conformance description, review of submitted root cause/corrective action statements and evaluation of implemented effectiveness determinations
- September 2nd & 3rd – 8:00 a.m. – Noon
- September 9th & 10th – 8:00 a.m. – Noon