- This event has passed.
Inventor Nesting and CAM Workflow
June 23, 2021 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm EDT
Catalyst Connection has partnered with MESA, Inc. to bring you Autodesk training.
Description: The Product Design and Manufacturing Collection offers two great add-ins that emphasize the Manufacturing portion of the collection. With Inventor Nesting and Inventor CAM, users have the ability to create nests of parts, which can be exported to a DXF file or a 3D model for use in Inventor CAM. This class will walk students through the process of going from Assembly to Nest to CAM.
What you will learn:
- Requirements for parts to be included in a nest
- Adding source files to a nesting study
- Exporting nests as DXFs and 3D models
- Creating a CAM Setup and tool paths
Course Objective: The primary objective of this course is to provide students with a thorough understanding of how to create nests and create toolpaths for generated nests.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Properly setup parts to be nested
- Exclude components from being nested
- Create a Nesting Study
- Review Nesting statistics
- Export nest sheets as a DXF and a 3D model
- Create a CAM setup for a nest
- Create the toolpaths for a laser or plasma cutter, a water jet, or routing table
- Generate an NC file for a toolpath
- Setting up parts to be nested
- Excluding components from being nested
- Creating a Nesting Study
- Reviewing Nesting statistics
- Exporting nest sheets as a DXF and a 3D model
- Creating a CAM setup for a nest
- Creating the toolpaths for a laser or plasma cutter, a water jet, or routing table
- Generating an NC file for a toolpath
Prerequisites: No previous CAD experience is necessary. However, before taking this course, the student should have a working knowledge of the following:
- Drafting, design, or mechanical engineering principles.
- Working understanding of Windows.
Duration: 1/2 Day