- This event has passed.
June 3 @ 8:30 am - June 18 @ 4:30 pm EDT
Catalyst Connection has partnered with MESA, Inc. to bring you Autodesk training.
Learn the fundamental principles of 3D parametric part design, assembly design, and creating production-ready part and assembly drawings using Autodesk® Inventor®. Hands-on exercises representing real-world, industry-specific design scenarios are included.
What you will learn:
- Basic Part Modeling Techniques
- How to Assemble and Constraining Components
- 2D Documentation of Designs
Course Objective: The primary objective of this course is to provide students with a thorough understanding of the principal 3D design, validation, and documentation processes necessary for developing products using Autodesk Inventor.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Capture design intent by using the proper techniques and recommended workflows for creating intelligent 3D parametric parts.
- Create, place, and constrain custom and standard components in an assembly.
- Simulate mechanisms, animate assembly designs, and check for interferences.
- Document designs using base, projected, section, detail, and isometric drawing views.
- Document assemblies using standard and exploded drawing views.
- Follow drafting standards while dimensioning and annotating drawing views with automated balloons and parts lists.
- Basic Sketching Techniques
- Basic Shape Design
- Detailed Shape Design
- Assembly Design Overview
- Placing, Creating, and Constraining Components
- Interacting with an Assembly
- Basic View Creation
- Dimensions, Annotations, and Tables
- Annotating Assembly Drawings
- Drawing Standards and Resources
Prerequisites: No previous CAD experience is necessary. However, before taking this course, the student should have a working knowledge of the following:
- Drafting, design, or mechanical engineering principles.
- Working understanding of Windows.
Duration: 6 Days June 3, 4, 10, 11, 17, & 18