- This event has passed.
Introduction to Supply Chain Management Training
June 14, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm EDT
Introduction to Supply Chain Management is a two day class designed to provide an overview of integrated supply chain management. Based on the APICS Operations Management Body of Knowledge, the class covers key topics in areas such as the nature of planning, independent and dependent demand planning, inventory management, and production planning and execution. Participants will receive a first-hand view of tools and techniques such as top down planning, sales and operations planning, master scheduling, material and capacity planning, inventory replenishment, and control and monitoring of production processes. The presentation, discussions, and exercises that make up the class sessions will explore how these supply chain concepts, processes, and techniques combine to shape the context of integrated supply chain management.
The class will be beneficial for experienced supply chain professionals, people who are new to the discipline, and non-supply chain members of the organization seeking to acquire a supply chain perspective. A bound participant workbook is provided to each attendee, which will be a valuable future reference resource on supply chain and operations management.
- Gain a better understanding of supply chain-related concepts and ideas
- Understand how different aspects of supply chain management interconnect with one another
- View their own specific operations through a richer context
- Use tools and techniques that can be implemented to address real world operational issues
- Develop a basis for future learning and exploration of detailed topics
Who Should Attend
Supply chain managers, production planners and schedulers, purchasers, buyer/planners, demand planners, materials managers as well as finance, information technology, and sales and marketing professionals.