Industry 4.0 Teacher Academy
August 12 @ 8:30 am - August 15 @ 3:00 pm EDT
Industry 4.0 (sometimes called the 4th Industrial Revolution) is rapidly transforming every industry sector in Southwestern Pennsylvania and beyond. Manufacturing in particular is seeing the dramatic impact of these emerging technologies. The Industry 4.0 Teacher Academy is being piloted to engage local teachers in the conversation about these emerging technologies over the course of four days (August 12-15). The focus of the Academy will be on three of these emerging technologies: additive manufacturing (3-D printing), robotics/automation, and internet of things.
The Academy will showcase how these technologies are being utilized by industry, provide resources to bring these technologies into the classroom, and provide training on inquiry-based education best practices. Discussions will also be facilitated on the four design principles in Industry 4.0 that support companies in identifying and implementing Industry 4.0 scenarios but also have relevance in classrooms: interconnection; information transparency; technical assistance; and decentralized decisions.
Teachers are encouraged to attend with a fellow teachers either in a related subject area, cross-curricular area, or from another grade level. These emerging technologies
Benefits for the teachers attending include:
- A stipend of $300 for attending the session
- Resources and materials to bring into the classroom
- Act 48 Credits
- Professional development delivered by ASSET STEM Education
- Exposure and connections to regional manufacturing companies through a series of tours and panel discussions
- Opportunities to leverage other grant funded programs in the classroom to implement Industry 4.0 in the classroom
- Continental breakfast and lunch provided each day of the Academy
Partners for this academy include:
To Learn more about Industry 4.0, watch the video on the link below.
For questions regarding this training, contact Scott Dietz, Director of Workforce Education at Catalyst Connection. email@example.com