- This event has passed.
Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing Training
February 1, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST
This six-hour training program (broken into two 3-hour sessions) is intended to enhance the skills and knowledge of machinists, toolmakers, engineers, quality personnel in the manufacturing industry. Practical examples are used throughout the training.Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing is a specific method of communicating dimensions and tolerances for size, location, orientation, and form.
The basic definition and objective of GD&T is:
- Geometric: A way of thinking about and communicating dimensions and tolerances for a product
- Dimensioning: Calculating, recording, and communicating desired values for size, location, orientation, and form
- Tolerancing: Calculating, recording and communicating acceptable ranges for size location, orientation, and form
- Learning common GD&T symbols and applications
- How to understand geometric tolerance zones
- How to read and understand feature control frames
- How to understand material condition modifiers
- MMC(Maximum Material Condition) & LMC (Least Material condition)
- RFS(Regardless of Feature size)
- How to determine position tolerance verification – hole at MMC and LMC
- How to determine what dimensions are critical and whether a part falls within a given tolerance
Who Should Attend
Machinists, toolmakers, engineers and quality personnel in the manufacturing industry.
This course will be limited to 15 students.
A 50% Grant ($150) is available for eligible manufacturers. Contact Tom Reed (412) 918-4269 firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.