- This event has passed.
Cybersecurity Resiliency for Defense Contractors Virtual Seminar
March 24 @ 10:30 am - April 28 @ 12:00 pm EDT
The 6-part Cybersecurity Resiliency for Defense Contractors webinar series will meet virtually every Wednesday between March 24th and April 28th, from 10:30 am – 12:00 pm.
In 2020, the Department of Defense (DoD) is launched the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification framework. Commonly known as CMMC, this program incorporates five maturity levels ranging from “Level 1: Basic Cybersecurity Hygiene” to “Level 5: Advanced Cybersecurity Program”. The DoD developed the CMMC framework to assess and improve the cybersecurity posture of its supply chain at all tiers.
The CMMC will help the DoD ensure that all suppliers and vendors have the appropriate level of cybersecurity practices and processes to ensure basic cyber hygiene, as well as protect controlled unclassified information (CUI) that may reside on their networks. This year, 10 – 15 DoD Requests for Information and/or contracts will be issued with a CMMC requirement. Each contract will affect 100 – 150 suppliers. Ultimately, the DoD will use the required CMMC level in its “go / no go” decision related to vendor consideration and approval.
Catalyst Connection has developed a 6-part webinar series ― Cybersecurity Resiliency for Defense Contractors. This Series will explain the CMMC framework and describe what you should do to protect your role in the DoD supply chain. There is no cost to attend but registration is required. Catalyst will record the sessions and make them available for download and available for listen-on-demand later.
Manufacturers are strongly encouraged to attend all six sessions for a complete picture of the requirements to achieve cybersecurity compliance.
To register for the series, Click here
Please join us for all six sessions or individual sessions on the dates below.
Session 1: Laying the Foundation: The Need for Cybersecurity in U.S. Manufacturing – March 24 @ 10:30 am – 12:00 pm
- Why the need for cybersecurity?
- How and why threats are impacting US Manufacturing
- What is new in cybersecurity?
Session 2: DFARS & CMMC Overview – March 31, 2021 @ 10:30 am – 12:00 pm
- Why does DFARS exist?
- Current requirements for companies with Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) or DoD Covered Defense Information (CDI)
- What is CMMC?
Session 3: DFARS NIST 800-171 Compliance Process – April 7 @ 10:30 am – 12:00 pm
- Focus on how to become compliant with DFARS 800-171.
- What is CUI or CDI?
- Assessment: NIST 800-171A: 110 controls
- Documents of Compliance: System Security Plan, Plan of Actions and Milestones, Incidence Response Plan
Session 4: Cybersecurity Compliance-Real Company Examples – April 14, 2021 @10:30 am – 12:00 pm
- How to write policies and procedures – and how are they different?
- What to do and what not to do when working towards compliance
- Examples from manufacturers of what works – and what does not
Session 5: CMMC Breakdown – April 21 @ 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- What is Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC)?
- Levels of CMMC framework and how to determine required level of compliance
Session 6: Cyber Security: What Are Your Risks? – April 28 @ 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Identify – Protect – Detect – Respond – Recover
- DoD-required Incidence Response Plan
This 6 part series will take place 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (EST) on the following dates:
March 24, 2021
March 31, 2021
April 7, 2021
April 14, 2021
April 21, 2021
April 28, 2021