Catalyst Connection’s Industrial Manufacturing Technician Apprenticeship Program Webinar
November 19 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am EST
National Apprenticeship Week is taking place Nov. 15th-21st, 2021. Catalyst Connection invites you to come learn about their state registered Industrial Manufacturing Technician (IMT) program. This program utilizes a group model of having multiple companies and apprentices come onboard to create cohorts. You will hear how current companies utilize the program and from apprentices actively in the program.
The Industrial Manufacturing Technician Apprenticeship helps entry-level workers in manufacturing quickly enhance their skills and advance with their current employer. Due to changing manufacturing technologies, entry-level workers require higher skills than before and employers are struggling to recruit and retain these type of workers. The IMT program is a state registered apprenticeship to help meet these employer needs.
This registered apprenticeship program is a hybrid approach providing production workers with the knowledge and competencies needed in the advanced manufacturing environment. A hybrid approach integrates time-based learning combined with competency-based training.
Registered apprenticeships utilize an “Earn and Learn” approach to building worker skills. The IMT program provides 3,000 hours of structured technical instruction. This instruction is comprised of 2,736 hours of on-the-job training (OJT) from experienced mentors assigned by the employer and 264 hours of related technical instruction. All IMT apprentices are employees of a specific company, earning wages, benefits, and seniority while they learn new skills.
Benefits of Attending:
- Learn more about a local apprenticeship program and testimony from local companies and apprentices
- Registered Apprenticeship programs help employers:
- Recruit and develop a diverse and highly-skilled workforce that helps grow their business
- Improve productivity, profitability, and an employer’s bottom line
- Create flexible training options that ensure workers develop the right skills
- Receive tax credits and employee tuition benefits in participating states
- Increase staff loyalty and retention of workers, during and following the apprenticeship
- 92% of apprentices retain employment after completing an apprenticeship program.
Erica Frischmann, Senior Consultant, Catalyst Connection
Mara Peduto, Consultant, Workforce Development, Catalyst Connection
Companies participating in the Manufacturing Technician (IMT) program
- Gus Cassida – General Manager, O’Neal Manufacturing Services
Current Active Apprentices
- Nate Lang – Apprentice, O’Neal Manufacturing Services
Please note: Microsoft Teams will be used for the webinar. You will receive the link to the webinar when you register.