AS9100™ Rev D Internal Auditing Training
November 5 @ 8:30 am - November 7 @ 4:30 pm EST
Internal Audits for Aviation, Space and Defense Industries
This course was developed considering the ISO 19011 standard and is designed to introduce the student to the AS9100 Rev D quality management system standard and prepare them to conduct effective internal audits.
Interpretation of the QMS requirements and recognition of appropriate objective evidence to verify system implementation and effectiveness are addressed. The “human factor” and ethics of auditing along with effective auditing techniques are presented along with case studies and other exercises to reinforce the concepts presented.
The major topics will include:
- Overview of the AS9100™ Rev D Quality Management Standard
- Presentation, explanation, and discussion of:
- AS9100 internal auditing requirements
- Auditing – terms and definitions
- Audit objectives, trademarks, and philosophy
- Audit types
- Planning scheduling, personnel requirements and records
- Responsibilities of audit team members and auditee
- Primary audit phases of planning, conduct, and closure
- Audit methods, ethics, time utilization and effectiveness
- Questioning techniques
- Process auditing methods with introduction to tools such as Turtle, Spider and SIPOC diagrams; checklists; flow diagrams; and Process Activity Diagrams
- Classification of audit findings
- Report generation
- Audit follow-up and closure
- Small group exercise to review and discuss multiple case studies
- Small group review and analysis of possible audit situations
- Small group analysis of nonconformance description, review of submitted root cause/corrective action statements and evaluation of implemented effectiveness determinations
Who Should Attend
Quality Managers and audit program managers, current/future internal auditors, members of AS9100 implementation teams or anyone who needs to learn about auditing aviation, space or defense related quality management systems.
Class typically runs 8 hours for 3 days
Class participants will be provided a handout of presentation materials.
Certification of attendance will be provided upon completion.
About the Trainer
Craig J. Wilson, Sr. Quality/Process Improvement Consultant Mr. Wilson has more than twenty years working as a supervisor, manager and advisor in quality assurance and production. Since joining Catalyst Connection in February 1993, he has helped companies in the aerospace, automotive, chemical, defense, food processing and medical industries to develop and implement effective quality management systems. He holds a BS degree in Engineering from The Pennsylvania State University and an MBA from West Virginia University. Mr. Wilson is an AS9100/AS9120 Aerospace Experience Auditor with Probitas and a QMS 2015 Lead Auditor with Exemplar Global. He is a senior member in the American Society for Quality, an ASQ Certified Manager of Quality /Organizational Excellence, Certified Quality Engineer, and Certified Quality Auditor. Additionally, Mr. Wilson as an IAQG certified Instructor for the AS9100 Aerospace Auditor Transition Training.