- This event has passed.
AIM Higher DOD Supply Chain Event
The goal of this event is to provide our regional defense manufacturing community (SW Pennsylvania and all of WV) with real world, supply chain gaps and challenges faced by multiple agencies in the DOD (US Army, Defense Logistics Agency, US Marine Corp, US Navy, AMNOW). Addressed by these presentations will be:
- What needs to these agencies see both short term (current) and long term (future 2-3 years out)? This will allow manufacturers to know what they need to invest in to be prepared for future needs.
- How can small businesses make themselves stand out compared to larger competitors?
- What are some of the current trends seen by the DOD in Adv Manufacturing: Additive Mfg, AI/Machine learning, Robotics, Advanced Materials and Composites?
- Examples of recent products procured in these categories.
- The use of these technologies to fulfill the supply chain needs.
- Real examples of how these technologies have impacted the supply chain to date.
- Advice for manufacturers as they navigate the DOD procurement process
It is our hope that this event will provide manufacturers with opportunities to address supply chain gaps and challenges; to make connections with DOD entities; and to help bring more defense manufacturing business to our region.
Click here to view the agenda for the event.
About the AIM Higher Consortium
The AIM Higher Consortium is a wide-ranging program funded by the Department of Defense (DOD) with the goal of strengthening the defense supply chain in the Greater Pittsburgh region of Southwest Pennsylvania and West Virginia. AIM Higher focuses on the exploration and adoption of advanced manufacturing technology such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, additive manufacturing, cybersecurity, and more.
Eligible Counties for the AIM Higher Program
- Southwestern Pennsylvania Counties: Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Cambria, Fayette, Greene, Indiana, Lawrence, Somerset, Washington, and Westmoreland
- West Virginia: All Counties