Business Process Optimization
Business Process Optimization (BPO) is one of the final steps of Business Process Management (BPM), which is a robust methodology that calls for constant scrutiny and evaluation of an organizations processes in order to continuously improve these processes.
Business Process Management involves the following key steps:
- Process Identification— Identify weak or inconsistent processes. Determine what makes a process weak or strong?
- Business Process Mapping — Map the process via flow chart or value stream map
- Business Process Analysis — Analyze each step of the process for potential improvement opportunities. What would make this process more robust?
- Business Process Optimization (BPO) – BPO involves the practical application of improvement opportunities obtained via Business Process Analysis
- Sustaining through Management Commitment – Sustainability requires unwavering commitment and support of an organizations management staff
BPO is accommodating to most processes and procedures and an be achieved through various forms. Below is a short list of just a few organizational components that BPO impacts:
- Process Improvement/Lean
- Re-structuring and or Re-engineering
- Technology & Automation Adoption / Complete Process Change
- Product and Process Design