Catalyst Connection is seeking an experienced professional to join our team as a Workforce Specialist . Headquartered in Pittsburgh, Catalyst Connection’s mission is to help the Pittsburgh region’s manufacturers compete in a global economy, grow their business and create jobs.
What makes Catalyst Connection unique? A culture based on innovation combined with a passion for excellence in our region! Catalyst Connection is uniquely positioned to provide our customer base with the highest value services and unmatched customer service. Our flat organizational structure leverages employees’ knowledge and skills, and trusts them to make good decisions, resulting in high employee engagement. Also, Catalyst is focused on economic development for our local manufacturing region. While almost all manufacturers in the southwestern Pennsylvania region are hiring, there are also pockets of poverty, low income and unemployed and underemployed individuals across the region. The Workforce Specialist will connect job seekers from these communities to opportunities in manufacturing career pathways by engaging with employers with specific hiring needs and by identifying, and providing intermediary services, to qualified candidates helping our local community to grow and prosper.
What makes this career opportunity unique? This position is responsible for providing professional services to assist manufacturing employers in recruiting, hiring and developing talented individuals from disadvantaged communities and underrepresented groups. The individual will tour production facilities and understand shop floor needs; then work with disadvantaged community groups to identify talented motivated individuals for training and development to meet these business needs and opportunities. They will maintain contact and provide support during all phases of engagement.
- Work with employers to identify entry level and middle skilled hiring, including the development of job profiles that consider the skills, competencies and motivational fit that will be required for candidates.
- Listen, consult and provide expert advice to senior leaders.
- Recruit candidates from disadvantaged and underrepresented groups and populations, and provide pre-employment assistance to match job seekers interests with employer needs. Identify gaps in skills and competencies and provide pre-employment readiness support.
- Identify employment barriers of qualified candidates and secure community resources to overcome the barriers
- Support employer hiring and onboarding of selected candidates and provide ongoing services to employers and employees to meet each other’s needs.
- Support client Apprenticeship programs including coordination of related instruction, reviewing job books, updating federal and state sponsored databases, coordinate billing of grantors and clients
- Document successful approaches and identify lessons learned for placing entry level and middle skilled job seekers from underserved populations in manufacturing career pathways. Review and prepare analyses, understand industry trends, and communicate solutions and challenges that are impacting the region. Work with employers to quantify the economic impacts of the services provided and complete annual Client Questionnaires.
- Provide targeted outreach in the twelve county region of SWPA; must have reliable transportation and be willing to drive distances of up to 100 miles away.
- Foster long-term relationships with regional manufacturers and community groups
Your background must demonstrate a successful experience in building relationships and communicating effectively. Experience in providing coaching, mentoring or other services to disadvantaged communities or underrepresented groups is preferred.
The successful candidate will possess a BS in business or related field, such as human resources, organizational or leadership development or with a minimum of 1-3 years of related experience. You should be self-motivated, have a dynamic presence, and exceptional written and verbal communications skills. The ability to work independently and in a team environment is essential. Must be well organized and have strong office productivity skills (MS Office, CRM databases, etc.)
Our employees are our most valuable resource. We are a dynamic, fast-paced organization, and offer a competitive compensation package, benefits and a friendly work environment.
Please visit our website at https://www.catalystconnection.org/ to learn more about Catalyst Connection.
Please send résumé and cover letter to email@example.com
Catalyst Connection is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.