Catalyst Connection is headquartered in Pittsburgh’s Mill19, a soaring research and development hub that is remaking the region’s manufacturing sector. Our mission is to help manufacturers in southwestern PA compete in a global economy, grow their businesses and create jobs. We are seeking an experienced professional to join our team as a Workforce Consultant to drive the development and delivery of workforce training and upskilling services that support job seekers, workers and business leaders as they seek to evaluate and implement advanced skills and technologies.
What makes Catalyst Connection unique?
Catalyst Connection is a private not-for-profit organization that provides consulting and training services to small and medium-sized manufacturers in southwestern Pennsylvania, accelerating revenue growth and improving productivity. Through active collaboration with our clients and the manufacturing community, we contribute to the growth, vibrancy, and ongoing robustness of manufacturing in our region.
We have a culture based on innovation combined with a passion for manufacturing excellence in our region. Our flat organizational structure leverages employees’ knowledge and skills, and trusts them to make good decisions, resulting in high employee engagement.
What makes this career opportunity unique?
Our Workforce Consultant is responsible for providing professional services to assist manufacturing employers in recruiting, hiring and developing employees. You will develop customized, competency-based career pathways for manufacturing and advanced technology jobs, and then build training and development plans aligned to the pathways. Partnering with educators and community workforce professionals, you will develop learning journeys for individuals to prepare them for family-sustaining careers.
- Coordinate efforts to assess and analyze manufacturing skills gaps and employer needs for skilled workers at all levels of their organization.
- Support efforts to establish meaningful career pathways with multiple entry points for workers at all levels. Work with employers to implement career pathway opportunities for incumbent workers based on skills, knowledge and abilities; motivational fit; and competencies.
- Work with educators and technical experts to develop and enhance curriculum for technical training, leading to certifications and credentialing.
- Manage efforts to provide opportunities for dislocated workers and job seekers to participate in employer led training and family sustaining jobs.
- Organize training and upskilling opportunities, and coordinate trainee recruitment efforts.
- Establish wrap around services for job seekers and incumbent workers, including child care support, transportation, coaching and mentoring to enable worker success.
- Connect with key stakeholders including educators, business/industry representatives, community based organizations, and job seekers to assure mutual goals are achieved.
- Assure that evaluative data is collected and reported according to key assessment metrics based on stakeholder and organizational needs.
- Develop and maintain an up to date knowledge and understanding of local industries.
- Assist in grant writing to assure funding for project sustainability.
- Provide information and resources to employers, educators, community organizations and other stakeholders on issues related to the emerging workforce.
- Develop and implement new initiatives and projects in response to the workforce education and development interests of manufacturing and technology companies.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, organizational development, education, business or related degree
- 5-10 years of experience in a client-facing, workforce related capacity
- Familiarity of Pittsburgh’s industrial, economic development, civic, philanthropic and educational/training leadership
You should be self-motivated, have a dynamic presence, and exceptional written and verbal communications skills. The ability to work independently and on a team environment is essential. Must be well organized and have strong office productivity skills (MS Office, CRM databases, etc.)
Our employees are our most valuable resource. We are a dynamic, fast-paced organization, and offer a competitive compensation package, benefits and a friendly work environment.
Please visit our website at https://www.catalystconnection.org/ to learn more about Catalyst Connection.
Please send résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
Catalyst Connection is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Supplemental Pay: Bonus pay
Education: Bachelor’s (Required)